Saturday, July 30, 2011

We have an eater!

It's official - Charlie got his first taste of "solids" this past week. While on vacation with my family in New Hampshire (baby's first trip to the mountains!), he ate oatmeal every day - and he loved it! I was admittedly nervous about this and wanted to wait until as close to six months as possible. I'm really glad I did too, because there was no doubt in my mind that he was ready. After the first bite or two he was already leaning forward and opening his mouth for more. Super cute! Here is the evidence... check out that little smile after he finishes his first bite.



In case you are wondering, we are using Earth's Best Organic Oatmeal mixed with breast milk. Tomorrow we're heading to the local farmers' market to see if they have any veggies and fruits for our next eating adventures. I'd like to try avocado, sweet potatoes, squash, banana, pears, and apples. Yum!

No comments: