Monday, April 18, 2011

Bad Blogger

I used to be able to post every day... every now and then I'd miss one, but almost never did I go two whole days without posting. What can I say? My priorities have shifted. :)

JA and I weren't able to take Charlie to the park on Saturday because it was raining - boo! But we did have a great day down the shore yesterday celebrating Palm Sunday with JA's family. Charlie was adorable, of course, and celebrated his own personal achievement. He went an entire day wearing the same outfit. If your baby spits up, then you know how much of an accomplishment this is. We may have gone through a few bibs (ok, like seven) but we managed to contain everything onto them so we could remain in our cute outfit and not have to change into one of the three sleepers Mommy brought with her (just in case). ;)  Of course, we are currently in our third outfit this morning (it's 10:30 AM as I type this) but let's just focus on the positive!

Last night was pretty good sleep-wise. Charlie went down a little after eight (no fussing at all) and didn't wake until close to 2. Of course, I had to stay up until 10 or so addressing his baptism invitations, but I still got almost four hours in a row. And then... we ran into our typical problem of falling asleep before getting a proper burp out. So he was awake again at 4 having spit up in his crib. I picked him up and tried burping him for several minutes and then he fell asleep again! I kept him upright for thirty minutes or so and he woke up, burped super loud, and ate. Sheesh! This kid drives me nuts with the burping!! JA and I try to model good burping all day long, so you'd think he'd have the hang of it by now. ;)

And since it's been a while since I've posted a video, here's our little man. He's not doing anything particularly out of the ordinary on his playmat (aside from admiring his reflection), but I did finally capture a baby sneeze - which I think are totally adorable!



Breakfast - all natural PB&J on whole grain toast; cranberry juice
Snack - small bowl of Cracklin' Oat Bran with organic, low fat milk
Lunch - black bean burger on a whole wheat tortilla with cheese, romaine, ketchup,and mustard; baked fries
Snack - pretzels
Dinner - lasagna
Dessert - Tofutti ice cream sandwich

No comments: