Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Perfect Day

I realize the overnight hours are yet to come as I type this, but Charlie had such a great day today that I had to celebrate him. I attribute so much of this to my mom, who played with him all day long. I spend so much of our days together talking and singing with him, or reading him books, but I have to say that I haven't been exercising his body as much. Today he did about four sessions of tummy time, baby sit-ups, and a bunch of other activities with Vavo - she tired him out! :)  He took a three hour nap this afternoon (haven't seen one of those in weeks!) and was asleep at bedtime within five minutes. Wowza. Now if I could just convince my mom to retire early and move to New Jersey we'd be all set. :)

This is Charles' exercise plan for tomorrow.

We also visited my aunt today (my mom's oldest sister). She is the baby whisperer. I loved watching her with Charlie... he was in love! Apparently she helped raise my mom, and myself, so she knows what she's doing. We were there after five o'clock and it had been close to two hours since he ate, but he was, once again, perfect! Here's hoping he has an awesome day tomorrow too, since we'll be spending the day with his Madrinha shopping for something cute to wear to his baptism after-party.

Breakfast - egg and cheese on a whole wheat tortilla; Greek blueberry yogurt
Snack - Fiber One granola bar
Lunch - vegetable soup; soy chicken patty on a deli flat; baked fries
Snack - low fat, low calorie ice cream bar
Dinner - acorn squash stuffed with tortellini; side of butternut squash (all made by my dad and SOOO good!)
Dessert - organic apple; half an English muffin with natural peanut butter

No comments: