Monday, February 28, 2011

24 Hours in the Life of Our Baby

I thought it might be fun to document what one of Charlie's days is like. Here is what happened in the past 24 hours:


9:30 PM - bottle from Daddy (eat for about 15 minutes; stay upright for about 30 minutes, go to sleep in my Rock 'n' Play Sleeper)
10:15 PM to 1:20 AM - sleep soundly and peacefully in my nursery! :)
1:20 AM to 2:00 AM - wake up; get my diaper changed; nurse
2:00 AM - back to sleep (Mommy goes in another bedroom to pump; she goes back to sleep at 2:20)
4:20 AM - wake up; get my diaper changed; nurse
5:00 AM - back to sleep
6:30 AM - wake up; get my diaper changed; nurse; go downstairs to hang out with Mommy (Daddy makes Mommy's breakfast)
7:30 AM to 9:00 AM - nap (baby and Mommy sleep!)
9:00 AM - wake up; get my diaper changed (five minutes of "air time" for my tushie); nurse
9:30 AM - 10:15 AM - play with Mommy
10:15 AM - 1:00 PM - baby naps; Mommy pumps, showers and gets dressed (in her pre-pregnancy jeans, thank you very much!), makes the bed, does two loads of laundry and puts away freshly washed cloth diapers, tidies up the main level, sets up for bath time, sterilizes pump parts, runs dishwasher and puts dishes away, eats lunch while watching HGTV (House Hunters International - where I contemplate how a house in The Netherlands can have five bedrooms but only be 1000 sq. ft.); lets the dogs out
1:00 PM - Mommy wakes me up (per pediatrician's recommendation to not let me sleep too long during the day); nurse; bath time; new diaper; get dressed
2:00 PM - head to the mall for some clothing exchanges (sleep in the car)
3:00 PM - nurse; diaper change
3:45 PM - head back home (sleep in the car)
4:15 PM - cuddle with Mommy; get the hiccups
4:45 PM - nurse; diaper change
4:50 PM - diaper change (gotta love when you hear a poopsplosion just after you changed a diaper) ;)
4:55 PM - play time with Mommy
5:15 to 8:00 PM - nap (Mommy and Daddy had a visit with their friend Amanda and ordered sushi); Mommy had to wake me up again
8:00 PM - diaper change; lotion massage; PJs
8:15 PM - bedtime bottle with Daddy (Mommy pumps)
8:40 PM - bed

So there you have it... a day in the life of Charles Henry.

And here's a sneak peek of some of the images our friend took on Saturday. The next time you come over our house, expect to see some rooms wallpapered with these photos. ;)






No comments: