Sunday, February 27, 2011

Success! (mostly)

I am very proud of John for feeding Charles his bottle last night. Charlie took about 4 oz. of milk at 11:30 last night - way to go! Of course, he was up after eating until after 1, which was the not-so-great part. We've got to continue to work on that. I think he eats really fast and then gets himself all worked up. I read something today that recommended burping him after 3-5 minutes of eating. I tried this throughout the day today, and while it helped with the digestion, it kind of made him angry to have to stop eating every 3-5 minutes! :)  Seriously, these little ones need to come with an instruction manual!


JA will bottle feed again tonight, though he'll do the first bedtime feeding since he's got to be up to commute into the city at 5 AM. Luckily, I can easily go to bed after I pump, which will hopefully give me four hours or so before he's up to eat again. Even as I type this I'm laughing. Charles is, I think, experiencing his three-week growth spurt. He really likes eating every 1.5-2 hours lately. And he is eating, not just using me as a pacifier. Good thing he's cute!

Breakfast - cinnamon raisin English muffin with natural peanut butter; OJ
Lunch - veggie burger on a deli flat with ketchup, mustard, and BBQ sauce
Snack - organic apple; Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips
Dinner - spinach lasagna; garden salad with romaine and cucumber with light honey mustard dressing
Dessert - two chocolate chip peanut butter Chips Ahoy cookies; organic fat free milk (I needed a treat) :)

2 comments:

Jennylou's Projects said...

Has anyone talked with you about paced feedings? Basically when using a bottle of breastmilk, it should take just as long to feed Charlie from the bottle as it takes you to nurse. This will help him to take what he's used to. Most breastfed babies take 2-4 ounces at any feeding.

Vanessa said...

Thanks! He is taking about the same amount of time on the breast and with the bottle. John is great about not letting him eat too fast. :)