Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice Ice Baby

I'm home again! Mother Nature is taking pity on me and not making me work any full weeks in this last month of pregnancy. Seriously... she rocks! I know everyone is totally sick of this snow and ice, but a small part of me is quite happy to be home today and safely tucked onto the couch with my getting-more-swollen-by-the-day feet up on the ottoman. My right foot in particular is swelling a bit. At least my toes are perfectly pedicured... maybe I should go stick them outside in the ice! ;)


I'm spending the day writing thank you notes, doing laundry, and planning for my last two days of work. I even managed to squeeze in a workout. I can't believe how close we are getting! So excited! I watched Lifetime's new show last night. One Born Every Minute is a reality show that chronicles the Labor and Delivery ward of a hospital. Last night we watched three babies being born - one with an epidural, one via C-section, and one natural childbirth. While we all know I'm aiming for the latter, the couple that they showed were, as I told JA, hippy jerks to the nurses. It seriously made me rethink even bringing my birth preferences to the hospital because they came across as obnoxious and ungrateful. It was good to see though, because while I am sure I do want a med-free birth, I don't want to risk my child's health by refusing monitoring. Jeesh!



Breakfast - two organic eggs with a slice of American cheese on whole grain toast with natural ketchup; all natural cranberry/grape juice; decaf vanilla chai latte
Lunch - veggie burger on a whole wheat tortilla with natural katchup and mustard; baked fries; 100-calorie, fat free pudding
Dinner - garden salad with organic romaine, tomato, and cucumber with all natural chipotle ranch dressing; two slices of organic spinach and tomato pizza
Dessert - canteloupe (which a nurse told me is a natural way to help with the swelling!)

No comments: