Thursday, February 10, 2011

Recovery at Day 5

Now that I'm a mom of a five-day-old, I have some expertise to share. ;)  Really though, this is just a quick round-up of what has helped me survive these past five days. Much like my pregnancy, my recovery has gone amazingly well. I feel like I'm 90% healed already. My bleeding is pretty light, and my stitches feel like they are ready to dissolve and I'll be good as new in no time. The peri bottle they gave me at the hospital feels great after I pee (we're all friends here, right?) and I haven't had to use any other of the "comfort measures" they provided (witch hazel pads, Dermaplast, and some other chemical cream). I have been using Earth Mama, Angel Baby's New Mama Bottom Spray to help relieve any discomfort. I also have their Bottom Balm, but haven't used it yet. Finally, I've used their Natural Nipple Butter whenever they get a little sore, but honestly, rubbing a bit of expressed milk on them seems to work just fine. I know it's still early, but so far, so good! My delivery may not have been med-free, but my recovery is! :)

The two other crucial items for success are also known as JA and my mom. They have been, by far, the best at keeping me fed and hydrated. Plus, my mom had single-handedly done about 17 loads of laundry and cleaned up a storm!

And for your comedic enjoyment... Charlie gets the hiccups! :)

No comments: