Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Can't Stand It!

It seems like everytime I turn around, Charlie is showing another sign of growing up! I last posted about him outgrowing his newborn clothes. Well, it's no wonder! When I put him on his growth chart blanket he measured at 23 inches! Of course, the official measurement won't come until we go for our two month appointment on April 4. Charles will also get his first round of immunizations then, so I think I'll be most concerned about that. It will be interesting to see how much he weighs though.


In other growing up news, Charlie is starting to take his naps in the Pack 'n Play. Previously he would take them in the newborn napper, but we are transitioning to the top portion now since I think he'll be outgrowing the napper very soon. I already had to remove the newborn head insert, so it's just a matter of time before he's too long. I also think napping in the pack 'n' play will be a good start to transition to the crib at night. While he sleeps in his own room, he's still in the Rock and Play Sleeper, which he will also outgrow at some point. This will be good practice for lying flat on his back, which he hasn't always loved, but seems to be getting better about doing. I figure we'll try napping flat for a week or so before we attempt the crib. It's all about taking baby steps. :)  He didn't nap as long today as he usually does, but practice makes perfect, right?

Goodbye itty bitty sleepers...
Hello crib!

Here he is practicing...


And he here is getting ready for a walk around the neighborhood. He still seems a little leery of being outside... or maybe it's the bear outfit I made him wear. :)



Breakfast - English muffin with butter; OJ; Greek blueberry yogurt
Snack - handful of nachos with low fat shredded cheese
Lunch - baked fries (I really need to go grocery shopping, or at least look into that Peapod thing)
Snack - clementine

No comments: