Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Most of you know that I don't have an Irish bone in my body. I am proud to be 100% Portuguese, thank you very much. But now that I have Charlie, it's time I recognize this day of green. He is a quarter Irish after all... So without further ado, may I present the story of Charles' St. Patty's Day photo shoot. (Seriously, someone needs to take the camera away from me!) ;)

At first, Charlie was not happy about being Irish. He wasn't sure that he looked good in green.


But then I took him aside and explained the legend of St. Patrick. I also told him about Mommy and Daddy's trip to Ireland and how we wanted to take him with us again someday. This seemed to appease him, though he was still somewhat skeptical.


We got back into model mode. Here, Charles gives his best "casual" look.


Then he started to loosten up a little...


C'mon lady... how many more of these are you going to take??


What??!! Now, after all that photo torture, you want me to do tummy time?
(but notice those awesome head and neck muscles getting a good workout!)


Finally, it was the end. ;)


I thought today was going to be a difficult day. You know how some mornings your baby just seems to have woken up on the wrong side of the Rock n Play Sleeper? (See what I did there... ;)  But I'm either becoming better equipped to deal with a sometimes cranky baby, or Charlie is just growing up. It's probably a little bit of both. I recognize when he's hungry, even if it's only been an hour and a half since he last ate (another growth spurt?) If he's still crying after we've swaddled, rocked, walked, bounced, changed, and played... then I know he's hungry. Today we went shopping for a bit and took a few walks (downtown and around the neighborhood). Have I mentioned how much I love my Baby Jogger City Elite? Our walk downtown was with the Snap n Go, which is great inside, but not so great on old sidewalks. But the City Elite can ride over large branches with ease. Charlie even slept in the City Elite while we walked around the block (until he got hungry again). :)  But don't read about our day... listen to it here!





Breakfast - natural peanut butter on whole grain bread; Greek peach yogurt
Snack - slice of pound cake
Lunch - egg white and cheese on a croissant; decaf iced latte (Can you tell I found a DD with a drive-thru?? Unfortunately, they are very rare in NJ.)
Snack - garden salad with romaine, grape tomatoes, and cucumbers with light honey mustard dressing
Dinner - spinach and artichoke lasagna

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Adorable pictures!

Vanessa said...

Awww... thanks! :)