Saturday, March 26, 2011

Earlier Bedtime?

Back in the day (you know, a few weeks ago) when Charlie was just a young lad, he would go to bed between 9 and 10. These days, he seems to prefer an earlier bedtime between 7:30 and 8:30. Gotta love a boy who wants to go to bed early! Now if we could just get him sleeping longer...


Charlie accompanied me to a baby shower for a little while today. It took us two hours to get ready and out of the house! Ha! Gone are the days when I could just grab my purse and head out. Today I showered while Charles hung out in his bouncy seat. As I got ready, he got tired so I put him down for a nap. Then when he woke up he needed to eat. Then after he ate he spit up about 17 bajillion times, which resulted in as many outfit changes. I just about gave up on ever leaving, and came close to tears once or twice... but we finally made it. As I sat watching the mother-to-be open a few gifts before we left, all I could think was, "I hope you got some burp cloths in that pile!" ;)

Later, our friends Will, Alice, and Ella came over. They brought a delicious salad and cake, and even treated us to Star Tavern pizza - our favorite! I had the opportunity to ask Alice a bunch of parenting questions. Hopefully I didn't bombard her... she's one of my "go-to" people for advice on motherhood since she also nursed for a year and uses cloth diapers. It's so helpful to have great friends to turn to for advice. Second to my mom, I don't know what I'd do without them!

You'll notice that my food journal has been missing in the past few posts. I'm vowing to get better about that, starting today, even though today's list is appalling (can you say PIZZA???)

Breakfast - all natural PB&J on whole grain toast; chocolate soymilk
Snack - two slices of bruschetta pizza
Lunch - pasta primavera; side salad; mini-cupcake
Dinner - three slices of Star Tavern pizza; side salad
Dessert - yogurt

No comments: