Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sleep

Does it seem like I'm obsessed with it? That's because I am... ;)  After analyzing yesterday's schedule, I noticed that Charlie eats every one and a half to two hours during the day because he wakes up from his naps in the pack n play. When he sleeps a little longer (like he did in my lap) he goes a little longer between feedings, but will still get in the number of feedings we need each day. I'm hoping that going a little longer during the day will help him go a little longer at night. We seem to have been moving backwards lately. Last night Charlie was up to eat at 11:30, 3:15, and 6:00. It was the first time he's woken up before midnight, which means I didn't even get three straight hours of sleep. :(  So I decided to have JA bring the Rock n Play Sleeper down from the nursery. Charles took his first three naps here instead and slept so much better. It's just an experiment, and if there's one thing I know about babies is that there are no rules. :)  I'm not even asking for five or six hours anymore... I'll take three or four at this point!


Breakfast - one organic egg with American cheese on whole grain toast with ketchup
Snack - honey wheat pretzels; Greek strawberry yogurt
Lunch - romaine lettuce, cucumbers, and soy chicken strips with honey mustard dressing; trail mix
Snack - bruschetta
Dinner - yogurt; all natural peanut butter on whole grain toast

No comments: