Sunday, March 6, 2011

Today was a good day

It seems like Charlie has two kinds of days. Most days he wakes up, eats, plays, and naps on a repeat cycle. These are great days. Some days, however, he wakes up, cries, eats, cries, maybe naps, and cries. I know there are varying opinions on "the gassy baby" but I swear on these latter days his tummy is uncomfortable. He grunts a lot and makes all sorts of other "I'm not happy" noises. These are in contrast to his typical noises where he oohs and ahhs and is content to talk with me as we go about our day. From everything I've read, it takes babies a few months for their digestive systems to mature and develop, so I figure there will be a mix of both kinds of days in our future. Knowing that all of this is totally normal for a newborn is actually very comforting to me. Knowledge is power and all that... ;)

Breakfast - English muffin with butter; OJ
Snack - Greek strawberry/banana yogurt; handful of sourdough pretzels
Lunch - three slices of cheese pizza; garden salad with Italian dressing
Snack - two chocolate chip cookies
Dinner - garden salad with Italian dressing; black bean soup
Dessert - glass of organic chocolate soymilk

1 comment:

Growing Up Gardner said...

sounds a lot like Noah these days. We had two really bad days - crying non-stop any time he was awake. Then two good days. Sure love those good days.