Monday, September 6, 2010

18 Weeks

Welcome to Week 18! Here's what's new with Baby A this week:
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.
JA and I go for the anatomy scan on September 21... let's hope our little one cooperates and isn't crossing his legs!
  • How far along? 18 weeks, 1 day
  • Total weight gain/loss: +5 pounds (up one pound from last week)
  • Sleep: I've been having the craziest dreams lately... some are pretty scary and some are just WEIRD!
  • Best moment this week: Watching JA buy his first little gift for our child.
  • Food cravings: I've always loved french fries and I'm going to start really trying to abstain unless I'm baking them at home.
  • Gender: We have our educated guess, but we'll wait until the anatomy scan on September 21 to be more certain.
  • Maternity Clothes: A few pairs of pants here and there... regular dresses and tops are still fine.
  • Belly Button in or out? In
  • What I miss: iced tea... it's such a summer staple for me
  • What I am looking forward to: Meeting my new class tomorrow!
  • Weekly Wisdom: My mom offered some sage advice on maternity clothing... don't worry mom - I won't let you down!
I can't blame that bump on food... that's all baby. :)

Breakfast - two organic eggs with American cheese; blueberry pomegranate juice
Snack - nectarine
Lunch - "chicken" patty on a sandwich thin with tomatoes and dijon mustard; baked fries
Snack - organic celery and natural peanut butter
Dinner - baked ziti with organic sauce and low fat cheese; slice of garlic bread
Snack - lemon Italian ice

No comments: