Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Last Hurrah

Tomorrow I go back to work for the abbreviated 2010-2011 school year. No kiddos yet... just a faculty and district-wide meeting, accompanied by a lovely picnic lunch provided by our PTA. (I'll be bringing extra snacks in case it's not veggie-friendly and in case Baby A gets hungry.) :)  So today my friend and fellow teacher Nicole and I spent the day at the beach. We laid out in the sun, we swam in the pool, we read our books (her - Eclipse, me - City of Ashes)... it was bliss. I'll have a bit of summer sun to carry me through the first few weeks of school and I'm as relaxed as can be tonight. It doesn't hurt that spending all day in the sun with help me sleep like a baby tonight. Don't you love that expression? I'm hoping Baby A inherits my sleep habits.


I also got to see my mother-in-law today. She's always been extremely kind and we've always gotten along well, but I think we are growing even closer since JA and I found out we're expecting. She's going to be such a great grandma, and between her and my mom, this baby could not be more loved by his grandmas! I spoke with my mom today too, and JA and I will be spending Labor Day weekend up with my parents in MA. It always feels so good to go "back home" again. :)

Breakfast - half an everything bagel with light veggie cream cheese
Snack - handful of almonds
Lunch - PB&J on a sandwich thin; half an apple (it was huge!)
Snack - Asian snack mix; Vitamin Water
Dinner - egg white and cheese on a multi-grain bagel; SoBe pina colada juice
Dessert - handful of organic raspberries

No comments: