Sunday, September 26, 2010

21 Weeks

Baby is 21 weeks - the legal drinking age in the womb! ;)  I did read that he's busy drinking amniotic fluid and we even got to see him practicing his swallowing on the ultrasound. Here's what else is new...
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

You're probably feeling pretty comfortable these days. You're not too big yet, and the usual discomforts associated with early pregnancy are, for the most part, gone. If you're feeling good, relax and enjoy it while you can — the third trimester may bring with it a new crop of complaints.
Honestly, I can't imagine complaining, but I know everyone gets uncomfortable at the end. I'm going to enjoy this perfect pregnancy as long as I can! :)
  • How far along? 21 weeks
  • Total weight gain: +9 pounds total
  • Sleep: This weekend I slept until 10 on Saturday and 9 on Sunday... so yeah - I'm still sleeping very well. :)
  • Movement (adding this new category!): I feel our little guy move at least once a day. It's nothing too crazy yet, but just little nudges here and there to let me know he's doing all right.
  • Best moment this week: Our 20-week appointment of course! JA, mom, and I got to see baby's limbs, organs, and adorable little face.
  • Food cravings: Reading over my journal I found that fries were definitely prevalent this week, but I don't think that's a pregnancy thing.
  • Gender: It's a boy!
  • Maternity Clothes: Pants are a must now, but I can still wear regular tops.
  • Belly Button in or out? In
  • What I miss: Running... man, I never thought I'd ever say that, but I do miss my few mile jogs. I'm looking forward to getting back on that horse treadmill in the spring.
  • What I am looking forward to: Fall! Bring on the cool days, mums, pumpkins, and Halloween!
  • Weekly Wisdom: Dr. G. told us he went to birthing classes with his wife, so I guess we're signing up. The hospital does offer a few that aren't too intense and will help us prepare for our little guy.
I'm looking a little like Adam Richman after he completes a food challenge on MvF. :)

Breakfast - two organic eggs with a piece of Italian bread
Snack - organic apple
Lunch - slice of cheese pizza; small bowl of penne vodka
Snack - glass of chocolate soy milk
Dinner - spaghetti and meatless meatballs
Dessert - unsweetened apple sauce

No comments: