Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School

Ha ha... just kidding. I was actually very excited for today. So excited, in fact, that I had an awful night's sleep last night. My hands and feet were super itchy, I was hot, and I was awake until after midnight. Here's hoping tonight is better.

My class is too adorable... what a sweet bunch of children. I'm so excited to get to know them more as the weeks go on.

On a sadder note, we took Maggie to the vet today because she'd been having some breathing issues. Her heart murmur has been a concern for a bit and her enlarged heart is pushing on her trachea, making it difficult to breathe. The vet took x-rays and bloodwork and she's going in for an EKG tomorrow. If all goes well she'll be put on 2-3 different medications and should feel better. Maggie is 13, so I know her time is limited. The vet said that dogs similar to her will live an additional six months to four years with the medication. I really hope she makes it meet Baby A. She's such a sweet dog!

Tomorrow's the day I tell my principal, which is good because I think I got the side-eye from some colleagues in the lunch room today. They might suspect something...

Breakfast - plain bagel with light veggie cream cheese; Trop 50 OJ
Lunch - two slices of cheese, organic lettuce, and tomato on a sandwich thin with mustard; pita chips with hummus; Greek pomegranate yogurt
Snack - organic celery with natural peanut butter; apple
Dinner - baked ziti

No comments: