Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

No, no... not that kind of labor. I still have 22 weeks before that. ;)  Happy Labor Day everyone! As a teacher, I actually look forward to this unofficial end of summer. It means I'm back to work and tomorrow I get to meet a new crop of eight-year-old cuties eager to learn in third grade. So many people have told me that this class is so sweet and I can't wait to meet them. I also have an aide in my classroom this year working with a little girl with some health issues. Cory (my aide) is so nice and she's a fellow vegetarian - it's a perfect match!

JA and I had a great weekend in Massachusetts. I got to see family and spend time with friends... Baby A also went to her first pool party. I did have to chuckle at myself wearing a one-piece bathing suit I hadn't worn since I was a camp counselor in 1998. Awesome. ;) We also did a tiny bit of baby shopping and Daddy bought his first official gift for Baby. Do these guys look familiar to you?


The food journal from the weekend has some good moments (fruits and veggies) and bad moments (pizza and fries). Another good thing about going back to school is getting into a healthier eating routine!

Saturday
Breakfast - Total cereal with skim milk; nectarine
Snack - pear; fries; Vitamin Water
Lunch - an assortment of crackers and cheese, bakery pizza, tortilla chips and salsa
Snack - salt and vinegar chips
Dinner - lima bean salad; mixed vegetables (peppers, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers) with fresh-baked croutons in a balsamic dressing
Dessert - slice of red velvet birthday cake

Sunday
Breakfast - whole wheat sandwich thin with natural peanut butter; malassada; apple juice
Lunch - garden salad; sweet potato fries
Snack - fresh fruit salad
Dinner - two slices cheese pizza; Snapple fruit punch

No comments: