Thursday, September 16, 2010

Word Travels Quickly!

Last Wednesday I told my principal about Baby A. Last Friday I told two fourth grade teachers. Every day since then random people have come up to me at school to say congratulations! It's kind of fun, and I laugh every time wondering who told them. Good news travels quickly, I guess. :)


I'm starting to think more and more about the nursery. On Sunday, we'll officially be halfway through this pregnancy. How did that happen?? The BIG ultrasound is on Tuesday and if baby cooperates then we'll know if we're team pink or team blue. After that, I'd like to start really planning the baby's room. I know I have some time, but I also know I'll need it! I love decorating and renovating, but I'm slooowww. Here's what I need to do in the room:
  • move out the existing furniture into another guest room
  • store extra furniture in the attic
  • remove existing window treatments
  • paint the ceiling (white? blue? something else??)
  • paint the trim
  • deep clean the floors and walls with an eco-friendly cleaner
  • install crib, dresser, glider, bookshelf, side tables, twin bed, and area rug
  • consider wall decor (right now, I'm liking something with a monogram and/or alphabet cards)
  • install dimmer switch
As a reminder, here's what the nursery looks like right now:

The only thing staying are those pretty, pale green walls.

That crazy long list doesn't overwhelm me... it just makes me more excited about the project! School has also kept me insanely busy, so I haven't even had time to become overwhelmed with it all... :)

Breakfast - two organic eggs and cheese on a sandwich thin; OJ
Snack - half a low fat blueberry muffin
Lunch - one slice of Sicilian cheese pizza; garden salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and onion with honey mustard dressing; pita chips and hummus
Snack - handful of almonds; rice krispie treat
Dinner - half a Domino's pasta primavera bread bowl (after calculating my caloric intake for the day, I knew I was OK to eat this) :)

No comments: