Sunday, November 14, 2010

28 Weeks - Third trimester!!

I remember when I was 12 weeks pregnant and thinking it was such a milestone. Now I only have 12 weeks left! What?!?!?! ;)  Charlie is growing and moving like a champ. Here's what's new this week:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
I wasn't sure what Chinese cabbage looks like, but here's what Google images has to say...

I'm willing to bet that Charlie is a little bit cuter. :)
  • How far along? 28 weeks
  • Total weight gain: + 15 pounds
  • Sleep: Still making it through the night, but I do think I'm switching sides a couple of times. I barely wake up if I do, and we've been at my parents' house since Thursday, so it's hard to judge since it wasn't my own bed.
  • Movement: Every day throughout the day. Some of his movements are so big now I feel like I'm on a roller coaster!
  • Best moment this week: Spending time with Mom and Dad
  • Food cravings: None that I can really think of right now...
  • Gender: It's a boy!
  • Maternity Clothes: Absolutely for pants, regular tops are still OK, and if I never had wear a bra again I would be happy. :)
  • Belly Button in or out? In, but it's getting more shallow
  • What I miss: Being in control of my emotions... the hormone craziness of the third trimester is not fun! I had a mini-breakdown when some maniac almost ran us off the road on Saturday and we got a flat tire. I'm also experiencing pregnancy brain a bit more. Today I left to go grocery shopping without my purse so I had to turn around and drive back home. I'm pretty sure my good looks were not going to cut it.
  • What I am looking forward to: At our 28 week appointment on Tuesday we're also doing a 3D ultrasound. Sooo excited to see our little guy's face!
  • Nursery Progress: I cleaned out the closet and washed the walls and floor. My goal this week is to get to Ikea and purchase the dresser.
Friday
Breakfast - natural peanut butter on a wheat deli flat; half a granola bar; orange
Snack - handful of Special K crackers
Lunch - salad pocket (pita filled with lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, pickles, banana peppers, cheese, oil and vinegar); Baked Lays; Vitamin Water
Snack - handful of Swedish Fish
Dinner - piece of spanikopita; brown rice, mixed veggies (broccoli, carrots, snap peas); lettuce with balsamic vinaigrette
Dessert - brownie; handful of trail mix (mixed nuts, raisins, M&Ms); Vitamin Water

Saturday
Breakfast - egg and cheese on a deli flat with ketchup; hash browns
Snack - apple turnover; decaf tea with one sugar
Lunch - handful of trail mix (mixed nuts, raisins, M&Ms); apple
Dinner - three slices of Papa Gino's cheese pizza (delicious MA treat!)

Sunday
Breakfast #1 - egg and cheese on a deli flat with ketchup; decaf tea with one sugar
Breakfast #2 - half a chocolate chip pancake; mixed fruit (pineapple, melon, canteloupe, red grapes)
Lunch - veggie wrap (Romaine, tomato, cheddar, and croutons with honey mustard); handful of snack mix (pretzels, rye chips, nuts); Vitamin Water
Dinner - "meatballs" in an all natural sauce; two pieces of garlic toast; mixed veggies (broccoli, zucchini, and peas)

No comments: