Sunday, November 28, 2010

30 Weeks and a Shower Recap

What an amazing weekend! John and I got to spend Thanksgiving with our parents, see some old friends from college, and experience our first baby shower. Charlie is one lucky little man... everyone was so incredibly generous and I am amazed at how much stuff he got! My plan right now is to put it all in one of the guest bedrooms until after the NJ shower. Then I can go through everything and decide where it should all go in the nursery. John was really cute... his only comment was, "I think I need to learn how to use all this stuff." You and me both, JA! Here are a few photos I snapped before guests arrived. We had someone taking pictures throughout so I'll post those once they come back.

Tables set and ready to go... each one was set with sets of china from my mom and aunts



Mmmm... still thinking about that cake!

Prizes for shower bingo (bottles of wine, lotion/body splash sets from Victoria's Secret, and hand soaps from B&BW)

My handsome guy helping set out the salads :)

Wendy and me (and Charlie!)

Charlie was very active this weekend and I think I got my first kick to the ribs on Friday night. Both JA and my mom got to feel him which was very cool. He's a moving machine, but isn't keeping me awake at night. Unfortunately I'm managing to do that all by myself. Being away from my bed and body pillow did not make for great sleep this weekend, so I'm hoping we'll be OK tonight. Here's what's new with Charles this week:

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision – which means he can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
Ironically, my uncorrected vision is 20/400 so I know exactly how he'll be able to see shortly after birth. I figure it's a good thing since I'm sure JA and I will be so sleep deprived that we don't want Charlie to see us looking so haggard! ;)
  • How far along? 30 weeks
  • Total weight gain: +17 pounds (this was how much my mom gained with me - with 10 weeks to go, I think I'll gain just a bit more) ;)
  • Sleep: See above... but I'm confident we're going to get back on track tonight.
  • Movement: All the time - plus John and my mom got to feel him too. He's moving right now, as a matter of fact!
  • Best moment this week: Baby shower!!
  • Food cravings: shower cake (I had two pieces, and I don't even like cake that much!)
  • Gender: It's a boy!
  • Maternity Clothes: Absolutely for pants, and most regular tops don't work anymore. Time to break out the maternity shirts. Luckily, I found some in my closet I forgot I had and my friend Katie brought over a bunch of tops I can use too.
  • Belly Button in or out? In, but it's getting more shallow
  • What I miss: Sleeping through the night on my back
  • What I am looking forward to: Our 3D ultrasound - take 2 - on Tuesday
  • Nursery Progress: I gave the fabric to Wendy so she can pass it along to Mrs. M. I also sorted the shower gifts that fit in our car into piles in one of the guest bedrooms, but most of the stuff is at JA's parents' house and we'll get that on Friday.
Holy belly, Batman!  How much more can this grow in 10 weeks?!?!


Breakfast #1 - egg and cheese on a deli flat with ketchup; decaf mint tea
Breakfast #2 - egg and cheese McGriddle; hash brown; OJ
Snack - apple
Lunch - slice of cheese pizza
Dinner - vegetable lasagna
Dessert - two mini chocolate chip muffins and a glass of organic low fat milk

No comments: