Monday, November 29, 2010

Re-commitment to health!

So I have a confession to make... I haven't been to yoga in over a month! It hasn't always been my fault because sometimes class was canceled, but there were definitely a couple of classes I missed on my own. Now that I'm just 10 weeks away from 2D-Day (Due Date Day!), I've decided to recommit to taking extra-good care of my body (and, most importantly, Charlie). This means limiting the number of "treats" I eat, fewer dinners out (too much sodium and processed foods), and making sure I am exercising at least three times per week. My food journals haven't been too awful lately, but they could definitely be better. And with lots of holiday gatherings coming up, this re-commitment will help me stay strong! So here are my organic salads and veggies packed and ready to go for the week:


In Charlie related news, today was the first day I could feel him moving even when I was super active at school. I usually don't notice him until I'm sitting quietly, but today I was in the middle of teaching and could feel him. Super cool! He must be getting stronger and stronger. :)

I also wanted to leave you with these photos of one of our guest rooms. Incredibly, this is not even half of what we got at the shower on Saturday. Oh boy!

It may not seem like it, but it's actually pretty organized. :)

Breakfast - Kashi Go Lean Crunch with organic, low fat milk
Snack - two mini corn muffins; Kashi granola bar
Lunch - vegetable lasagna; Greek blueberry yogurt; five bagel chips with cheddar cheese; two mini chocolate chip muffins
Snack - five bagel chips with hummus
Dinner - garden salad (organic romaine, organic grape tomatoes, organic cucumbers); soy "chicken" patty on whole wheat bread with light mayo
Dessert - piece of dark chocolate

No comments: