Tuesday, November 16, 2010

3D Ultrasound - FAIL!

Well, Charlie did his best to cooperate and was in a good position today, but my placenta was in the way. :(  We'll try again in two weeks at my next appointment to see if we can get better shots of his face. We did get to see his spine, heart, ribs, head, arms, and legs, so that was good. He's weighing in at 2 pounds, 15 ounces. Way to go buddy! I did gain my recommended four pounds this past month, which the nurse was happy about - though seeing those numbers go up on the scale each month is kind of scary!

We also met the new doctor at my OB's office. Not. a. fan.  First off, she was super late. I didn't care for her bedside manner at all. And at the end of the appointment she mentioned something like, "I assume you're fine with an epidural, right?" I responded with, "Actually, I'd prefer not to have any medication because of the potential side effects." "Like what?" she asks in a somewhat snotty/defensive tone. Oh no.... I'm not having this woman deliver my baby. We'll just assume that Dr. G. will be available and he will deliver Charles Henry. I told my mom I'd rather a doctor I hadn't met yet deliver him rather than this woman. Grrr! ;)

Breakfast - two eggs on a whole grain English muffin with ketchup
Lunch - pasta with tomato sauce and cheese; spinach and artichoke dip wih pita chips; natural apple sauce
Snack - Kashi granola bar
Dinner - edamame; two vegetable spring rolls; vegetable tempura roll (broccoli, avocado, and asparagus)
Dessert - two homemade snickerdoodles; glass of light vanilla soy milk

No comments: