Monday, November 22, 2010

Needles

I was feeling a little like a human pin cushion. On Saturday I had three vials of blood drawn for the glucose test. Today I had another vial drawn, plus I got a shot in my upper arm of RhoGam. I'm looking a little like a junkie with all these needle marks. But then I started thinking about the women who undergo fertility treatments and the drastic measures they have to undertake. My three needle sticks are nothing compared to what they have endured. So I'm keeping my mouth shut and thanking God that JA and I were able to conceive our son so easily. It always helps to put yourself in someone else's shoes whenever you think about complaining. :)

We had dinner tonight with a friend we haven't seen in a few months and it was great to catch up. As we were leaving the house I was all buttoned up in my coat and asked John if I looked pregnant. "Not really from that angle." Yeah, I still got it! Of course, as I step out of the car, Amanda takes one look at me and says, "I can tell it's been so long since I've seen you. Look at you!" as she gestures to my belly. Maybe not... ;)  She did later comment that I haven't gained anywhere else - just the belly. I'll definitely take that compliment. I always feared my butt would grow just as much, and while I admire the J.Los/Kim Kardashians of the world, it's just not for me.


Breakfast - egg and cheese on a whole grain English muffin; OJ
Snack - five crackers and cheddar cheese
Lunch - cavatelli and broccoli; mixed greens with fruit and raspberry vinaigrette
Snack - homemade brownie
Dinner - hummus with whole grain flat bread; basmati rice with orange and pistachio nuts

No comments: