Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holiday Craziness!

Today on the way home I started thinking about how crazy our schedules get around this time of year. Between getting together with friends and family, work functions, and shopping it seems like there's always something to do. Every weekend between now and Christmas is booked (sometimes on Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday). In addition to that, we have mid-week dinners, birthing classes, and have to find time to pick up the crib and other nursery furniture. I booked a few more get-togethers this afternoon and then thought - let's keep January free from obligations! While I love seeing our friends and family, I think I'm getting into that infamous pregnancy "nesting" mode where I want to stay in and get ready for Charlie. I'm continuing to feel great, but don't want to jeopardize that by running around too much during the holiday season. I am noticing when my body gets tired and my primary concern has to be as a Mommy... our little guy deserves it!
Breakfast - baked hash browns; organic, light, chocolate soy milk
Snack - Kashi granola bar; organic, light lemonade
Lunch - half a veggie wrap; half a baked potato; fruit snacks
Snack - three water crackers with hummus; organic apple
Dinner - mixed veggies (broccoli, zucchini, and peas); half a burrito with black beans, rice, and cheese

No comments: