Sunday, November 21, 2010

29 Weeks

The nursery is a total disaster right now but I have to show you the crib, dresser, and room darkening shades I installed this morning. Yay for progress! Also, here's how Charlie is progressing:
Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain – which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.
  • How far along? 29 weeks
  • Total weight gain: +16 pounds
  • Sleep: I bought a body pillow on Wednesday and that's been helping me sleep better. I usually wake once or twice through the night to turn over. My hips just get a little sore from sleeping on them.
  • Movement: He's definitely getting stronger. I feel him move more and more each day. :)
  • Best moment this week: Seeing our little guy at my 28 week appointment - even if my placenta was in the way.
  • Food cravings: Pretty much just all food in general. :)
  • Gender: It's a boy!
  • Maternity Clothes: Absolutely for pants, regular tops are OK sometimes; I feel a growth spurt coming on though.
  • Belly Button in or out? In, but it's getting more shallow
  • What I miss: Being able to get up out of a deep chair with having to use my arms. :)
  • What I am looking forward to: Thanksgiving in MA and my first shower!
  • Nursery Progress: The dresser and crib are assembled and the room darkening shades are installed.
Here's the belly... oh, boy is it growing!!


And here's Charlie's room... eek! The dresser is definitely darker than the crib, but it's not as bad as it looks in these photos. I think it's someone's way of helping me be less OCD.


The shades do a nice job of darkening the room. They'll be hidden behind the valance until we pull them down for naps.

Breakfast - bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch with soy milk
Lunch - half a veggie wrap (romaine, tomato, cucumber, banana peppers, cheese, and oil & vinegar); small fruit salad
Snack - Go Naked strawberry banana drink
Dinner - sweet potato tempura roll; mixed vegetables in a red curry sauce (broccoli, okra, green beans, asparagus, snap peas) over rice
Dessert - homemade brownie with a glass of organic milk

No comments: