Sunday, December 5, 2010

31 Weeks - 9 to go!

Baby Charles and I had a busy, fun-filled weekend! After the Santa party, we stayed over at the shore house. On Saturday, my father-in-law gifted us this custom Santa. Apparently St. Nick is looking for our little guy. Thankfully, he's been very good to his mom so far, so he's definitely on the nice list.


On Saturday night, JA and I went to our friends' house for their annual holiday party. I made it until midnight! Of course, that's probably because I slept from 5-7 before we left, but hey... I made it until midnight!

Today John headed to the Giants game while I went into the city to meet my mom and aunt for lunch and shopping. I was quite proud of myself again for being able to trek around New York through the NJ Transit system, Penn Station, the subways, Canal Street and Times Square. The only thing we missed was the tree in Rockafeller Center, but we hope to see it when Mom and Dad come down after Christmas. Yay Charlie! You love the city as much as Mommy does. :)

OK, so here's what's new this week...
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

3.3 pounds?? Not this man... he's estimated at four pounds now. Oh yeah, bring on the nine pound baby!
  • How far along? 31 weeks
  • Total weight gain: +18 pounds
  • Sleep: Back to excellent - though I am up around 3 AM for a bathroom trip
  • Movement: His feet like to bop around on my right ribs. It doesn't hurt at all though. :)
  • Best moment this week: Spending the day in NYC with Mom and Auntie Pauline
  • Food cravings: vegetables!
  • Gender: It's a boy!
  • Maternity Clothes: The new tops I found in my closet are working great! They are gap's long-sleeve t-shirts in long sizes... perfect for sitting over the belly and they fall at my hips.
  • Belly Button in or out? Still in!
  • What I miss: nothing really... it's all been totally worth it!
  • What I am looking forward to: Mom and Wendy coming to visit; NJ shower on Saturday... though I have no idea where all this stuff will go!
  • Nursery Progress: I confess that I didn't make much progress in there this week. I did unpack the rest of the gifts from the MA shower and have them sorted in the guest room. I will be tidying up the nursery this week though because Charlie's Madrinha will be sleeping in there!
I will take a 31 week pic later tonight, but for now, I leave you with my favorites from the shower!!












Saturday
Breakfast - deli flat with peanut butter; decaf tea with one sugar; fruit and vegetable smoothie; oatmeal raisin cookie
Lunch - celery, carrots, and dip; Amy's vegetarian burrito
Dinner - brown rice with peas and carrots; ziti in a tomato sauce; garden salad with romaine, tomato, and croutons with balsamic vinaigrette
Dessert - piece of apple pie

Sunday
Breakfast - two organic eggs on whole grain bread with organic ketchup
Snack - croissant; Vitamin Water
Lunch - two pieces of bread with oil and crushed red pepper; garden salad with romaine, tomato, and cucumber with balsamic vinaigrette; thin crust pizza with tomato, mozzarella, and basil
Dinner - California wrap (lettuce, tomato, avocado, and peppers); Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips; organic white tea
Dessert - glass of chocolate soy milk

No comments: