Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

Busy day today. It started at the dentist this morning for a cleaning. I hate the dentist. Not in a oh-yuck-it's-the-dentist sort of way, but in a if-I-could-get-away-with-it-I-would-never-go sort of way. Like never. But I know my twice-a-year cleanings are important so I went. As I was getting ready to go I told JA that if I couldn't face my dentist fears then I might as well give it up now in attempting a natural delivery. I actually practiced my meditation and deep breathing techniques throughout my cleaning, and maybe it's psychosomatic, but it worked. Even though there was a lot of bleeding, I didn't feel the pain like I usually do. Hooray! Let's hope the delivery goes just as well. :)

In fairness, both my hygienist and dentist are the nicest people ever. It's not like Little Shop of Horrors at all. ;)

No one at the dentist's office believed I was almost 35 weeks along. The last time I was there was the end of May and I was hoping I might be pregnant, but it wasn't confirmed yet. I had declined x-rays that day just in case, and I saw the note in my file which read "might be pregnant." It's confirmed for sure now! :)

After the dentist I came home to clean the house with JA. We are expecting Lauren and Carl tonight before we head off to Gianni and Roxanne's to ring in 2011 with our friends. My plan for the rest of the afternoon is to take a nap, stop at the grocery store, get a massage, and get ready to go out. Have a safe and happy NYE everyone!

Breakfast - Kashi Go Lean Crunch with skim milk
Snack - Fiber One toaster pastry; organic chocolate soy milk
Lunch - soy "chicken" patty on whole wheat bread with light mayo; baked fries with organic ketchup
Snack - brie, cheddar and gouda wih water crackers
Dinner - tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa; organic romaine with sliced apples, wonton chips, and Craisins with a ginger sesame dressing; baked ziti with peas
Dessert - a couple of cookies; glass of non-alcoholic apple cider champagne

No comments: