Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gift Exchanging

This post title works well on two levels. First, my school had their holiday party today and we did our annual gift exchange. Last year, I got these. Epic fail.


This year, I got a cute snowman figurine. I originally got a really nice striped, ceramic bowl, but someone stole it from me! The nerve! At least I didn't get a power strip, which someone else did. I'm convinced it was the same person who brought the stick n click lights last year. :)

Second, I've also been busy exchanging gifts from our showers. Charles will be born in February and I plan to keep him in the house for at least a month, especially since it's cold and flu season. As the weather warms up we'll start taking some walks and trips to local places that aren't too crowded. However, I think people think "February baby" and immediately want to purchase snow suits. We must have gotten at least a dozen, and some were size six months - which he'll be in August. :)  So off to the stores I've gone to try to exchange some. I've had some good success and have gotten store credit to use later or picked up a few things we need now (like batteries, eco-friendly disinfecting wipes, baby hats, etc.) I am so grateful for everyone's generosity, but I do have to chuckle and wonder what we'll do with a snow suit in August...

Tuesday
Breakfast - natural peanut butter on a whole grain English muffin; decaf tea with honey
Snack - four Triscuits with roasted red pepper hummus
Lunch - basmati rice with broccoli and peas; Greek vanilla yogurt with mixed berries
Snack - piece of Godiva chocolate with almonds
Dinner - antipasto salad (meatless); two mozzarella sticks; two slices of cheese pizza
Dessert - two cake balls; one oatmeal Craisin cookie (Holiday party yumminess!)

No comments: