Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Hospital Bag

According to my ticker today, I've been pregnant for 238 days with 42 days to go. How crazy is that? I'm not sure if this qualifies as the "home stretch" yet, but I definitely feel like it's getting closer. I'm still feeling great and sleeping pretty well, so I know I'll be fine in these last six weeks or so. Charlie is officially the best baby ever. :)

Santa's not the only one carrying around a large sack of goodies. I've started thinking about what to bring to the hospital when we deliver. We have to consider what to pack for me, for Charles, and for JA. Here is the list I'm compiling - don't want to bring too much, but don't want to be uncomfortable either.
  • copy of registration info, health insurance card, and birth preferences (still undecided on this, but I'm leaning toward it - I'll save that for another post)
  • hospital gowns (I promise I'm not a diva, but these are just too cute!)
  • my assortment of non-skid slipper socks
  • bathrobe
  • two nursing bras and/or nursing tanks (still need to purchase)
  • nursing pads
  • Chap Stick
  • toiletry bag (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, hair brush, toothpaste, toothbrush, razor, deodorant, face lotion, body lotion, contact solution and case)
  • pads and underwear (in case I hate the hospital ones)
  • flip flops
  • baby's grooming kit (I've heard his fingernails can be really long and the hospital doesn't trim them)
  • glasses
  • hair elastics and headband
  • hard candy
  • pen and paper
  • baby book (for hand and foot prints on the day he's born)
  • snacks and money for vending machines
  • cell phone and charger
  • digital camera
  • flip video camera
  • iPod and speakers
  • my ergonomic pillow in a cute case (it will be in a lot of pictures!) :)
  • Boppy
  • wooden back massager
  • water bottle (you know how obsessed I am with my Thermos intak)
  • bath towels
  • nursing pajamas
  • yoga pants and hoodie
  • coming home outift for baby (one newborn and one 0-3 month), including hat/mittens/socks and outerwear/blanket
  • car seat (will be installed in the car)
  • basket of treats for the nurses' station
The list seems looooong, so I'll have to lay everything out to see what it looks like. I am notorious for overpacking (I like to have options) but I don't think there's anything here that I won't use. Can you think of anything I'm missing?

Friday
Breakfast - two pancakes with syrup; decaf tea with one sugar
Snack - fruit and veggie smoothie
Lunch - deli flat with two slices of low fat American, lettuce, and spicy mustard; clementine
Snack - cheddar cheese and crackers; slice of brie with fruit and nuts; two zeppolis
Dinner - spaghetti with garlic and oil; baked zucchini quiche; garden salad (romaine, tomato, and croutons with a balsamic dressing)
Dessert - 1/4 of a chocolate cupcake with peppermint icing; one bite of apple pie; one thumbprint cookie; decaf cookie with low fat milk and one sugar

Saturday
Breakfast - decaf peach tea with one sugar; two eggs with one slice of American cheese; one pancake; clementine
Lunch - organic veggie burger with ketchup and mustard (no bun); baked ziti; garden salad (romaine, tomato, and croutons with a balsamic dressing)
Dinner - spaghetti with garlic and oil; baked zucchini quiche
Dessert - cup of chocolate soy milk; two chocolate covered pretzels

No comments: