Saturday, December 18, 2010

Swanky Hospital Tour

JA and I toured the maternity center today and I must say... I'm in love! I was really looking forward to the tour and seeing the rooms. I even wondered if we'd get to see the nursery (we did!) and there were a couple of adorable little babies inside. On the tour we learned about where to park, the waiting room, the delivery rooms (more on that in a bit), recovery rooms, visiting hours, food ordering, phone/internet access, and other need-to-know information. I think my favorite part was learning about the pain management/laboring options that included showers, a hot tub, birthing ball, aromatherapy, and massage. I thought it was very progressive of a hospital to have these options available. It makes me look forward to our Calm Birth Class even more. JA wasn't too sure about the couch he gets to sleep on, but the tour guide mentioned that they were a vast improvement over the cots and chairs of days past. I've slept in a chair two nights with his hospital stays (nut allergies and desserts at weddings don't mix!) so I figure maybe he owes me. :)

My cold is better, though I'm still bonding with my couch and PJ pants. My greatest task today, aside from the tour, was baking some cake balls. They are currently chilling in the freezer and I'll finish them tomorrow. Hope they are worth it!

Breakfast - peaches and cream instant oatmeal
Snack - vegetable sushi
Lunch - two slices of cheese pizza; garden salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onions, and Italian dressing
Snack - Cap'n Crunch cereal with organic, low fat milk
Dinner - vegetarian beans in a wheat tortilla with enchillada sauce and cheese; Spanish rice
Dessert - Fiber One toaster pastry (the healthy Pop Tart?); glass of organic chocolate soy milk

No comments: