Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More Nursery Progress

Perhaps it's because I'm procrastinating writing thank you notes (though I vow to have them done by Christmas!), but I decided to work on the nursery a bit last night. I stripped the sheets on the twin bed, painted the side table, and installed a wall shelf. I also made tags for the storage baskets we have in the closet so I don't have to look inside each one to remember what's there. I'm feeling good about the progress of the room, especially since my coworker at the other elementary school just had her first baby boy - two weeks early! What's this about most first time moms going late? Not in my district... of my three colleagues who have recently had their first babies, all three went at least a week early. I still don't feel like that will happen to me, but a girl's got to be prepared! My goal is to stay up-to-date on all laundry and housework as much as possible from now until delivery so we have one less thing about which to worry.

On the list to do tonight - baby laundry! My neighbor Jen (due a week before me with her second - a girl!) invited me and another neighbor (due 8 weeks after me with her second - a boy!) to look through her boy clothes. I came home with three bags of adorable little items for Charlie, which is just what he needed, right? ;)

Monday
Breakfast - peaches and cream instant oatmeal; natural PB&J on whole grain bread; decaf tea with honey
Snack - four pieces of organic cheddar cheese on Rtiz crackers
Lunch - vegetable pad thai; five strawberries; pita chips and roasted red pepper hummus; one cake ball
Snack - Greek blueberry yogurt (somehow managed to say no thank you to the delicious cake that was being served at the retirement party for our custodian - way to go me!)
Dinner - organic tortilla chips with vegetarian beans, cheese, and low fat cour cream; Spanish rice
Dessert - one cake ball

No comments: