Sunday, December 19, 2010

33 Weeks - Calm Birth

Today John and I were able to fill our inner vases with healing energy. ;)  Actually, I really enjoyed the class we took this morning. I feel more confident that I can breathe through the "discomfort" of labor (don't think of it as pain or contractions). I also feel good about John being a supportive birthing partner. I know he's nervous about the whole process, but there's no one else I'd rather have there with me.

 
Charles is now just seven weeks away from his due date (though I'm expecting to go past that). Here's what's new with him these days:
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
I can't believe how long he is already! 17 inches?! I know my belly is growing more and more each day, but that just seems like a lot. Also, I can't imagine him looking like an alien. In the one 3D image we have, I think he looks just perfect!
  • How far along? 33 weeks
  • Total weight gain: +20 pounds
  • Sleep: I'm only getting up to pee once per night, but I definitely switch sides a few times.
  • Movement: Getting more and more active all the time, and I feel hiccups once or twice a day too!
  • Best moment this week: I really enjoyed the hospital tour and the calm birth class.
  • Food cravings: cereal
  • Gender: It's a boy!
  • Maternity Clothes: Still making do with everything I have... though I do need to find some comfy nursing tanks. Everyone raves about the Target ones, but I wasn't a fan. I told my mom it was because of my ginormous ribcage. :)
  • Belly Button in or out? Still in!
  • What I miss: nothing really... it's all been totally worth it!
  • What I am looking forward to: Christmas!!
  • Nursery Progress: Today I installed the monogram wall decal. I love it!


Breakfast - natural peanut butter on whole grain toast; organic chocolate soy milk
Snack - half an organic apple - I dropped the other half :(
Lunch - organic tortilla chips with vegetarian beans, cheese, low fat sour cream, and salsa
Snack - one cake ball (homemade by me!)
Dinner - edamame;  Cap'n Crunch cereal with organic, low fat milk

No comments: