Monday, August 16, 2010

15 Weeks

I'm back! And I have to say, I kinda missed this. Of course, we had such a great weekend down the shore with Wendy and Joe that I didn't have much time to think about blogging. Baby A had a lot of firsts this weekend - first shuffleboard game, first mini golf, and first time fist-pumping on the boardwalk. Good times. :)

We are at the 15 week mark - amazing! Here's what's happening with our little peanut:

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds.
I'm not going around shining a flashlight on my belly, but I thought that part was pretty cool. ;)
  • How far along? 15 weeks, 1 day
  • Total weight gain/loss: As of this afternoon, I am up 4 pounds. Aaaaannd, I think I have a little baby bump to show. I'm not sure you would notice if you didn't know me well, but I can definitely tell.
  • Sleep: I've been sleeping well and have been able to stay up late when needed. Now that school is approaching, I'm going to try to get myself back on some sort of schedule.
  • Best moment this week: Spending the weekend down the shore with family
  • Food cravings: I've been loving potato chips lately.
  • Gender: We have our educated guess, but we'll wait until the anatomy scan on September 21 to be more certain.
  • Maternity Clothes: Not yet, though I think it won't be long now
  • Belly Button in or out? In
  • What I miss: Being able to sit for extended periods of time - I feel like I have to constantly shift around to get comfortable. I also miss wearing my rings - they all seem to leave some sort of rash/irritation on my fingers. I've taken to wearing my wedding band around my neck now.
  • What I am looking forward to: Learning all sorts of new things at my reading conference in NYC this week
  • Weekly Wisdom: JA has been encouraging me to eat more... gotta love that! ;)
During last week's painting extravaganza, I had to remove my usual belly pic mirror, but hope to replace it soon. In the meantime, what do you think? Do you see a little baby in there?


Breakfast - egg white and cheese on an everything bagel; decaf caramel latte
Snack - fruit snacks; half a Kashi protein bar; small black and white cookie
Lunch - PB&J; potato chips; V8 splash juice
Snack - cantaloupe; fruit snacks
Dinner - baked veggie egg roll and onion rings; cucumbers and tomatoes in honey mustard dressing

No comments: