Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School

Today was my first day back setting up my classroom. The kids don't come in for two weeks, but it's always good to get a jump start on getting things together. I felt good today and made sure to take breaks as needed. I alternated between moving things around the room and sitting down to work at a table to rest. Baby A was a trooper. He will be spending a lot of time in that room so I hope he makes himself comfortable.

I also told the union rep at work about my pregnancy. She gave me the contact info for our district's rep so I could get all the official information on how to tell my principal. This is my tenure year, so her advice was to wait until after the first day of school (when I actually achieve tenure). I'm going to have to do some strategic dressing to avoid outing myself ahead of time... or like Kristi suggested, just let people think I ate a lot of boardwalk pizza this summer. ;)

Even famous people love Jersey Shore pizza... and by famous, I of course mean J-Woww, not Michael Cera. ;)

Breakfast - bowl of organic honey nut Os with organic skim milk
Snack - Greek strawberry yogurt
Lunch - "chicken" patty on a sandwich thin; taboule salad; Ghirardelli mint chocolate square
Snack - trail mix; Vitamin Water; terra chips
Dinner - Shirley Temple; a few nachos and two jalenpeno poppers; half an avocado, tomato, and lettuce sandwich on seven-grain brain; half a baked potato; two bites of JA's chocolate cake

No comments: