Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Angry Baby

Today I did something bad. Very bad. I wore pants. With a zipper. And a button! It seemed like a good idea at the time. Here's how it all went down...

This morning I woke up and decided I was going to wear pants. I was getting sick of wearing dresses because the teaching conference I'm at this week requires us to sit on the floor a lot, and I kept flashing my underthings to strangers. (Now that I'm going to be a mother, I've decided to stop doing that.) So I thought - today's the day I wear my first pair of maternity jeans. I put on a cute top and those elastic waist gifts from heaven. So far, so good. I proceed to walk downstairs, walk the dogs, and get my things together. About fifteen minutes have gone by and my pants are around my knees! Perhaps I'm not quite ready to wear maternity pants. Let me just put on my regular jeans. Which was all fine and dandy for about two hours. And then... oh my goodness do I wish I had those other jeans on! Baby Allen did not appreciate being squished. I managed to suffer through the rest of the day, but barely made it through the door before I stripped them off. Sweet relief.

Since the point of wearing pants was to avoid showing off my underthings,
I didn't think this was the way to go either.

Those jeans have since been washed and placed into the "going to wear next year" bin. Tomorrow I'll be wearing a dress. :)

Breakfast - slice of homemade banana bread; decaf soy latte
Snack - organic grapes and blackberries
Lunch - sandwich thin and taboule salad; organic tomatoes and cucumbers in honey mustard dressing
Snack - bbq chips and Vitamin Water
Dinner - soft pretzel; grilled cheese; a few fries

Well, the afternoon started off well... but the carb crave took over in the afternoon! I will work on that...

No comments: