Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, her sweat glands are starting to develop, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints.Baby better not be thinking of committing any crimes... she's got fingerprints now. ;)
- How far along? 17 weeks
- Total weight gain/loss: +4 pounds (no change from last week)
- Sleep: I'm still sleeping very well - thank you baby! :) I'm also getting used to sleeping on my left side (rather than my back).
- Best moment this week: Celebrating the unofficial end of summer with family and friends.
- Food cravings: I'm still loving sweets much more than usual and will indulge maybe once a week or so.
- Gender: We have our educated guess, but we'll wait until the anatomy scan on September 21 to be more certain.
- Maternity Clothes: This week I started wearing a couple pairs of maternity jeans. They are still quite big, but they feel so much better than having my belly squished in my regular pants.
- Belly Button in or out? In
- What I miss: my regular pants (see above comment) :)
- What I am looking forward to: Figuring out what to wear to work this week... I'm not telling my principal until next week, but we have our big district meeting on Thursday. What do I have that can hide this little bump for a few more days?
- Weekly Wisdom: Commit yourself completely to what you want to do with the baby (whether it be nursing, cloth diapers, etc.) - great advice from Alice (who also gave me a bunch of great baby gear from Ella). Also, my friend Heather recommended I do the same, but not to beat myself up if what I had planned doesn't ultimately work for me or the baby. Thanks girls!
Breakfast - egg white and cheese on an English muffin
Lunch - Panera Bread with Alice! - half a Caesar salad and half a tomato and mozzarella panini; apple
Dinner - assorted Cuban appetizers (plantains, yucca, black beans); garden salad with light honey mustard dressing
Dessert - two oatmeal, Craisin, white chocolate chip cookies
Breakfast - egg white and cheese on whole wheat toast; one chocolate chip pancake
Lunch - "chicken" patty on a sandwich thin with leftover Five Guys cajun fries
Snack - bbq POP chips; veggies and spinach dip; organic tortilla chips with guacamole
Dinner - veggie burger on a sandwich thin with pasta salad and potato salad
Dessert - small pieces of apple caramel cheesecake and chocolate fudge cake (soooo good!)
Breakfast - everything bagel with light veggie cream cheese; OJ
Lunch - organic lettuce, tomato and cucumber with light honey mustard dressing; slice of cheese pizza
Dinner - veggie cheeseburger on a sandwich thin; baked onion rings
Snack - a few salt and vinegar chips and animal crackers; lemon Italian ice (I think I ate dinner too early because I was hungry!)