Sunday, August 29, 2010

17 Weeks!

I swear it was just yesterday that I was writing the 16 week post... time is flying! Here's what's new this week for Baby A.
Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, her sweat glands are starting to develop, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints.
Baby better not be thinking of committing any crimes... she's got fingerprints now. ;)
  • How far along? 17 weeks
  • Total weight gain/loss: +4 pounds (no change from last week)
  • Sleep: I'm still sleeping very well - thank you baby! :)  I'm also getting used to sleeping on my left side (rather than my back).
  • Best moment this week: Celebrating the unofficial end of summer with family and friends.
  • Food cravings: I'm still loving sweets much more than usual and will indulge maybe once a week or so.
  • Gender: We have our educated guess, but we'll wait until the anatomy scan on September 21 to be more certain.
  • Maternity Clothes: This week I started wearing a couple pairs of maternity jeans. They are still quite big, but they feel so much better than having my belly squished in my regular pants.
  • Belly Button in or out? In
  • What I miss: my regular pants (see above comment) :)
  • What I am looking forward to: Figuring out what to wear to work this week... I'm not telling my principal until next week, but we have our big district meeting on Thursday. What do I have that can hide this little bump for a few more days?
  • Weekly Wisdom: Commit yourself completely to what you want to do with the baby (whether it be nursing, cloth diapers, etc.) - great advice from Alice (who also gave me a bunch of great baby gear from Ella). Also, my friend Heather recommended I do the same, but not to beat myself up if what I had planned doesn't ultimately work for me or the baby. Thanks girls!

Friday
Breakfast - egg white and cheese on an English muffin
Lunch - Panera Bread with Alice! - half a Caesar salad and half a tomato and mozzarella panini; apple
Dinner - assorted Cuban appetizers (plantains, yucca, black beans); garden salad with light honey mustard dressing
Dessert - two oatmeal, Craisin, white chocolate chip cookies

Saturday
Breakfast - egg white and cheese on whole wheat toast; one chocolate chip pancake
Lunch - "chicken" patty on a sandwich thin with leftover Five Guys cajun fries
Snack - bbq POP chips; veggies and spinach dip; organic tortilla chips with guacamole
Dinner - veggie burger on a sandwich thin with pasta salad and potato salad
Dessert - small pieces of apple caramel cheesecake and chocolate fudge cake (soooo good!)

Sunday
Breakfast - everything bagel with light veggie cream cheese; OJ
Lunch - organic lettuce, tomato and cucumber with light honey mustard dressing; slice of cheese pizza
Dinner - veggie cheeseburger on a sandwich thin; baked onion rings
Snack - a few salt and vinegar chips and animal crackers; lemon Italian ice (I think I ate dinner too early because I was hungry!)

No comments: