Friday, August 6, 2010

Bum Genius

Isn't that name hysterical? It's actually the brand of cloth diapers JA and I bought today. A few people I know who have used cloth have mentioned that the ones they had didn't quite work for a newborn because they hadn't grown into them just yet. These are size XS and will fit a baby from 6-12 pounds. It sits below the belly button to protect the umbilical cord area. I've been wanting to use cloth for a while now and for a few different reaons. They are better for the environment and little one's bottom. Plus, the average family will spend $3000 on disposable diapers from birth to potty training. We plan to spend a few hundred on cloth, and if we decide to have another child, they can be used again. I can understand that it's not the choice for everyone, but we are committed to making it work for us. Plus, look how cute they are! We got yellow and green so far, but I think I'll add in some blue as well. I think those colors will work for a boy or girl, but JA wasn't crazy about a boy wearing pink diapers. I kind of agree. :)


After visiting the diaper store, we headed into Jamiaca Plain to the Sam Adams brewery. It was a free tour and JA got to sample five different kinds of beer. And I got a root beer - yum! Our third stop today was to visit our college friends. We had a blast catching up and spending time with Robbie and Madelyn (ages 3 and 8 months). On the way home John very sweetly said, "I can't wait until we have one of those to take home too." Awww....

Breakfast - egg and cheese on English muffin; Cinnamon Life with skim milk
Snack - trail mix; root beer
Lunch - avocado, lettuce, and tomato on whole grain bread; lemonade
Snack - spinach and artichoke dip with bread and crackers
Dinner - Caesar salad; parmesan risotto and asparagus

No comments: