Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thirteen Weeks

Almost to the second trimester!! Actually, I've read it starts at 13 weeks, 13 weeks/3 days, and 14 weeks. I'm going with 14 weeks since it gets me that much closer to 40. :) Here's what's new with Baby Allen this week:
Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

  • How far along? 13 weeks  
  • Total weight gain/loss: +2 lbs.  
  • Sleep: Still getting up once a night on most nights, but I don't usually have any trouble going right back to sleep.
  • Best moment this week: Finishing Camp Invention! :)  
  • Movement: too soon  
  • Food cravings: I came incredibly close to eating half a buffalo chicken wrap on Thursday. I offered JA part of my pizza in exchange, but he refused to be part of my first taste of meat in over two years. He told me if I wanted to do it, I'd have to do it on my own so I wouldn't blame him. As if I'd do that... ;)
  • Gender: We have our educated guess, but we'll wait until the anatomy scan on September 21 to be more certain.  
  • Maternity Clothes: not yet  
  • Belly Button in or out? in  
  • What I miss: sleeping through the night - I should get used to this, right?
  • What I am looking forward to: Going to MA on Tuesday!!
  • Weekly Wisdom: If you're thinking about nursing, be totally committed to it. You'll never get through it if you do it half way. (From Sue, who quit after 6 weeks with her first son and nursed for a full year with her second.)
Rain ruined my beach day today. :(  Boo!  Let's hope it's nice in MA this week so I can get some pool/beach time in while we're up there.

Breakfast - scrambled eggs on a sandwich thin with cheese; OJ
Lunch - Amy's vegetarian burrito; two Twizzlers
Snack - peach
Dinner - edamame, vegetable tempura, avocado roll; a few waffle fries

No comments: