Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Houston, we have a heartbeat!

Today was our 16-week appointment and we heard the baby's heartbeat on the doppler. Amazing!! It really does sound like galloping horses. The appointment was very quick... everything is progressing well, my uterus is growing nicely ;), and I continue to remain relatively symptom-free. I do consider myself blessed that I'm not getting sick, am sleeping well, don't have heartburn, and can eat whichever foods I want. Thank God for all that! Oh, and I'm up one pound from my 12-week appointment - so far, so good!

Our next appointment is scheduled for September 21 and it's the BIG ultrasound. They do a comprehensive anatomy scan and we'll get to see the baby's adorable little arms and legs, his precious little face, and maybe even his boy or girl parts if he's not too shy. :)

Breakfast - egg white and cheese on an English muffin
Snack - organic strawberries
Lunch - "chicken" patty on a sandwich thin; baked sweet potato fries
Snack - smoothie (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, banana, yogurt, and POM juice)
Dinner - edamame; sweet potato roll; vegetable Pad Thai (dinner with Amy and Nicole - our last hurrah before school)

No comments: