We had a fun weekend with Lauren and Carl and I managed to hang out way longer than expected. Though I'm pretty sure my feet had had enough by last night. :) I'm looking forward to a day of bonding with the couch as I get ready for back-to-school tomorrow. I miss my kiddos, and I realized I only get one more month with them. Craziness...
So here's what's new with Charlie at the 35 week mark:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete – he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.Putting on more weight?!?! Awesome. ;)
- How far along? 35 weeks
- Total weight gain: +22 pounds
- Sleep: I slept a total of nine hours last night. Yeah... still loving my sleep.
- Movement: JA got to feel him again this week and even felt his hiccups. :)
- Best moment this week: Ringing in 2011 (the year of Charlie!)
- Food cravings: I've been enjoying the sweets lately.
- Gender: It's a boy!
- Maternity Clothes: Yep... and I think I'll be good for the rest of the pregnancy. Though I'm over the elastic waist pants. Seriously.
- Belly Button in or out? Still in - and I still don't think it will pop. I told Lauren, "It's not a turkey!" when she expressed disbelief that it hadn't popped yet.
- What I miss: Being able to dance... I had to be content to lay low last night while listening to a live band. :(
- What I am looking forward to: Seeing my class tomorrow
- Nursery Progress: My dad installed the dimmer switch and brought down a piece of plywood on which we'll place the AngelCare Movement Monitor. You already know about the chair... ;) This week I need to hang the signature matte, style the shelf and dresser top, and hang the mobile. I'm also on the lookout for an ottoman and small desk fan to circulate air.
Brunch - one slice of french toast with organic maple syrup; fruit salad (bananas, melon, and canteloupe); cranberry juice
Dinner - vegetable spring roll with chili sauce; vegetable garlic chili noodles
Dessert - one all-natural chocolate chip cookie; glass of organic, low fat milk
Breakfast - glass of chocolate soy milk
Lunch - two slices of cheese pizza; slice of cheesy garlic bread with marinara sauce
Snack - one all-natural chocolate chip cookie
Dinner - piece of cheesy garlic bread; garden salad with organic romaine, tomato, and cucumber with all-natural honey dijon dressing
Dessert - slice of french toast with maple syrup; glass of organic, low fat milk