Monday, October 4, 2010

22 Weeks

I'm a day late with this update, but our weekend was pretty busy. On Friday I met up with the girls for registering, Saturday was the first birthday party, and yesterday JA and I went into the city for an engagement party. What a debacle! We drove to Hoboken, parked a few blocks away, walked to the PATH, took the train to 33rd, got on the N, got off at the wrong stop, turned back around on the N, got off at the right stop, transferred to the 6, rode to 86th, and walked to the apartment. The good news is I can proudly report two incidences of "pregnant woman preferential treatment" on the subway. That was fun! I think I was a trooper trekking around the city at 5 1/2 months pregnant. :)

Here's what's new with our baby boy:
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
Sounds like everything is progressing nicely in there. Keep it up little guy!
  • How far along? 22 weeks, 1 day
  • Total weight gain: +10 pounds total
  • Sleep: The past couple of nights have been so-so. I think it's the changing of the seasons...
  • Movement: Every day now - and it's awesome!
  • Best moment this week: Getting recognized as a "pregnant lady" on the subway. I believe the exact quote was, "Hey everyone, move in. There's a pregnant lady trying to get on the train!" The train was PACKED, but everyone moved in just a bit more so John and I could squeeze on.
  • Food cravings: still loving salty things
  • Gender: It's a boy!
  • Maternity Clothes: Pants are a must now, but I can still wear regular tops. I am wearing a pair of button down jammies right now that will probably only last another week or so. :)
  • Belly Button in or out? In
  • What I miss: It would have been nice to have a glass of wine at the party on Sunday.
  • What I am looking forward to: I'm hosting my Delta Kappa Gamma meeting on Thursday and I can't wait!
  • Weekly Wisdom: "Every ache and pain you may feel between now and delivery is totally worth it!" -from a mother of two I met at the party :)
I will update with a pic tomorrow.


Sunday
Breakfast - two scrambled organic eggs on half a whole wheat pita
Lunch - Five Guys: cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup, and mustard on a sesame seed bun; fries; lemonade
Dinner - carrots, broccoli, and cucumbers with hummus
Dessert - small piece of cake with strawberries and cream

Monday
Breakfast - egg white and cheese on an English muffin; baked home fries
Lunch - "chicken" patty; organic broccoli, peas and corn; two pieces of zucchini fritte; Hershey's miniature dark chocolate
Snack - pita chips
Dinner - broccoli, carrots, peas and corn in an Asian orange sauce with jasmine rice
Snack - handful of bbq POP chips

No comments: