Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Are you in the family way?"

This was an actual question that one of the women asked me tonight. I almost started laughing until I realized she wasn't joking. I may have failed to mention that I am the youngest woman in my DKG group by about 20 years. I was told that I am the first member ever to be pregnant. Most of them are becoming grandmothers now. :)

I am so glad that this meeting is over, and I'm pleased to say it was a total success! There is a fair amount of food left over which Baby A and I will be happy to snack on throughout the weekend. :) JA and I are hosting one more she-bang in October and then I am committed to starting to work on the nursery. As I was preparing for this meeting/dinner party, I realized how much more tired I get doing the things I used to be able to do without a problem. Standing up and prepping food for a few hours used to be easy... but now I need to sit and rest every so often. Therefore, I'd rather start sooner on setting up our little guy's room.

Also, on a totally unrelated note, I have a bit of a crush on this boy. I'm catching up on Vampire Diaries right now and I think he's just dreamy...

IMDB tells me Paul is from NJ... we obviously make some cute boys here!

Breakfast - bowl of Total cereal with low fat milk
Lunch - my ghetto tapas ;) - four multigrain crackers with cheddar cheese; unsweetened apple sauce; pita chips and hummus; fruit snacks; popcorn; Hershey's miniature dark chocolate
Snack - organic pear
Dinner - veggie wrap; pasta salad with tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and asparagus; mixed greens with Craisins and walnuts with raspberry viniagrette
Dessert - one brownie bite and a few bites of peach crisp

No comments: