Sunday, October 31, 2010

26 Weeks

Baby A is getting bigger and bigger each and every day! Here's what's new with him this week:
 The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take two to three days.
Seems like everything is moving right along...
  • How far along? 26 weeks
  • Total weight gain: According to my scale I've gained 0.8 pound in the past two weeks - for a total of almost 13 pounds. I have 14 weeks left, which include Thanksgiving and Christmas, so we have plenty of opportunity to eat!
  • Sleep: This week I kept drifting onto my back and waking up, but I think the warmer temperatures might have been to blame too. Once it cooled down at the end of the week, I slept much better.
  • Movement: Every day now, and he's getting stronger!
  • Best moment this week: Celebrating Halloween at school and Mr. Z.'s birthday
  • Food cravings: Have you tried Count Chocula cereal lately?? OMG... so good!
  • Gender: It's a boy!
  • Maternity Clothes: Still only need pants - I even have some that are still too big! :)
  • Belly Button in or out? In
  • What I miss: Wearing sweaters... they just look funny now. 
  • What I am looking forward to: Heading to Florida with the girls on Thursday! Fun in the sun!!
  • Weekly Wisdom: My MIL said we have a beautiful baby! She dreamed about our son and said he looked just like me, but with John's nose. I'm convinced we saw John's nose in one profile shot at our last ultrasound. Plus, her dreams are pretty accurate. ;)
  • Nursery Progress (I'm finally able to add this category): This past weekend I cleared out all the furniture and moved in the twin bed. I also taped out where the other pieces of furniture will go (crib, dresser, and glider). This afternoon I also patched a few nail holes and plan to touch up the paint this week.
Here's a tour around the room:


Can you see the faint outline on the floor to the left of the table? This is where the glider will go. I'll also paint that table to match the room, but I'm not sure which color just yet.


This rug will stay. It's made from all natural fibers (no off-gassing!) and I think it will match the glider nicely.


The dresser will sit to the right of the bed and we'll put the changing pad on top to the left. I'll also have a table fan and some cute accessories on the right.


The location of the crib - where as I've mentioned before, Baby A will sleep peacefully through the night. :)  I also like that I can peek right in from the door to see him.

Saturday
Breakfast - organic egg and cheese on an English muffin with organic ketchup; half cranberry/half water
Snack - fruit snacks
Lunch - organic mac and cheese; five water crackers and hummus
Snack - four pieces of cheddar cheese and crackers; four multigrain chips with salsa
Dinner - mashed potatoes; corn, asparagus; vegetarian stuffing; dinner roll; garden salad
Dessert - piece of chocolate birthday cake; decaf tea with one sugar


Sunday
Breakfast #1 (before church) - dinner roll; decaf tea with one sugar
Breakfast #2 (after church) - dinner roll; organic eggs and cheese with ketchup; Trop 50 OJ
Snack - fun size Reese's peanut butter cup; fun size Kit Kat (Thank God Halloween is over today!)
Lunch - organic mac and cheese
Snack - fun size Skittles
Dinner - pasta with all natural tomato sauce and two "meatballs"; mixed veggies (broccoli, peas, and zucchini)
Dessert - bowl of Count Chocula (see above)

No comments: