Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Prepping for a Party

In two days I am hosting a meeting/dinner for my chapter of DKG. Today my to-do list included:
  • cleaning out the front hall closet
  • setting up the dining room table
  • cleaning the kitchen
  • make brownies for John
OK, so that last one wasn't an official item for the party, but he had a big interview today so I'm treating him. :)

Tomorrow's list includes the following. I might not update tomorrow because I also have prenatal yoga so we'll see what happens. The following must get done however:
  • slice the cheeses and prep the fruit for the appetizer trays
  • prepare the vegetable soup
  • wash the veggies for the salad
  • candy the walnuts for the salad
  • make the brownie bites
  • peel and slice the peaches for the peach crumb dessert
Here's the before and after of the closet. Don't tell anyone all of our coats are on a bed upstairs until after the meeting on Thursday.


Breakfast - two slices of toast with natural peanut butter; OJ
Snack - cup of french vanilla decaf coffee (my classroom was freezing!)
Lunch - two slices of American on a whole wheat pita; unsweetened apple sauce; organic celery with natural peanut butter; Hershey's miniature dark chocolate
Snack - pita chips and hummus; Kashi granola bar; Hershey's kiss
Dinner - two slices of cheese pizza
Dessert - small brownie and glass of soy milk

Hmmm... needed more veggie today. I'll have to fix that tomorrow.

No comments: