Tuesday, October 26, 2010

There's always some time for a little nursery planning...

I know I said that this week would be too busy with report cards for anything else. But I made more progress than expected yesterday and started to think about the nursery. The party on Saturday is over, and while it was such a blast, I'm glad we can focus on getting ready for the little guy. I've been agonizing over thinking about the upholstered glider and came across this potential candidate:


paired with this ottoman, to better match our dark furniture
Obviously this is a little girl's nursery (and very bright!!) but I think this combo could work for us. The best part - both pieces come in around $400, which is a better fit for my budget than the $600-800 chair/recliner/ottoman combinations I had previously seen. I've sent an email to the blogger who uses this chair to get her opinion, so hopefully she'll have some favorable feedback.

I also think we've finalized the fabric choices for the bedding and window treatments. JA and I looked everything over, and while I'm sure selecting fabric isn't his main priority in life, he did pitch in and offer his opinion. :)  Here's the current plan:
Nursery Plan
Pleated crib skirt - green and white polka dot
Window valences - anchors with ecru floor-length panels and black out cordless shades (hidden behind the valences) 
Accent pillow on glider - minkee navy
Accent pillows on twin bed - wide stripe and minkee navy
Crib sheets - ecru and sage solids
Changing pad cover - ecru, sage, and navy solids

What do you think??

Breakfast - one organic egg and cheese on an English muffin with organic katchup; OJ
Snack - Kashi granola bar
Lunch - penne vodka; five water crackers with hummus; Greek blueberry yogurt; slice of homemade Irish soda bread
Snack - handful of pumpkin seeds; homemade brownie
Dinner - soy veggie patty on half a whole wheat pita; half a baked potato
Dessert - bowl of Count Chocula cereal with organic low fat milk

No comments: