Saturday, October 2, 2010

Children's Birthday Parties

Our friends' son turned one recently and we celebrated at their home today. It was fun to catch up with people we hadn't seen in a while. However, I have to confess I'm not a huge fan of the first birthday party. As we gazed down at the dozen or so children lined up to smack a Mickey Mouse pinata I leaned over and asked John if we had to do this. He responded with an emphatic yes! Grumble... maybe I'll feel differently next February. I think I just feel out of place because we don't have a child (out of the womb, anyway) and I never know what to do at these things... besides eat of course, which I was trying really hard not to do much of after last night's dinner!
This scene makes me cringe almost as much as bride/groom cake smashing.

Breakfast - bowl of Total blueberry pomegranate cereal with skim milk
Snack - leftover gnocchi in a tomato vodka sauce
Lunch/Snack - assorted chips; roasted asparagus, zucchini, and artichokes; two pieces of rigatoni stuffed with cheese; three olives; handful of M&Ms; two bites of ice cream cake (Thanks JA!) - Can you tell we went to a party this afternoon? ;)
Dinner - leftover zucchini fritte (two pieces); garden salad with organic balsamic dressing

No comments: