Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but he's beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.My guess is that Baby A has straight, dark hair... how could it be anything else??
- How far along? 25 weeks
- Total weight gain: + 12 pounds total
- Sleep: Still fantastic... I am so thankful!
- Movement: Every day now. :)
- Best moment this week: Seeing our friends and family yesterday at our party - which was a total success!
- Food cravings: Halloween candy!
- Gender: It's a boy!
- Maternity Clothes: Definitely pants, but regular tops are still fine. My goal is to not have to buy any more the rest of this pregnancy, but who knows what will happen...
- Belly Button in or out? In
- What I miss: Being able to bend over at the waist - it's weird to have this belly in the way!
- What I am looking forward to: Reports cards are due on Thursday - I'm looking forward to having them done!
- Weekly Wisdom: My friend Alice wrote me a beautiful email this morning telling me that I looked pretty darn good for being six months pregnant. That felt so nice to hear!!
This is the reason I can't bend over anymore! All in all though, I feel pretty great. :)
Breakfast - egg white and cheese on an English muffin
Snack - three pieces of cheddar cheese with crackers; assorted chips; organic red grapes
Lunch/Dinner - cavatelli and broccoli; penne vodka; baked ziti
Dessert - two chocolate chips cookies; piece of apple crumb cake
I felt like I was eating all day yesterday so I stepped on the scale this morning - no weight gain! Phew!
Breakfast - one organic egg with cheese on half an everything bagel; slice of Irish soda bread with butter
Snack - organic red grapes; small piece of pumpkin bread
Lunch - half a grilled veggie burrito (peppers, onions, zucchini, black beans and cheese); a few tortilla chips
Snack - fun size Skittles
Dinner - bowl of cereal with organic low fat milk
Dessert - Hershey's fun size chocolate bar and fun size Milk Duds