Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.Our little guy is getting bigger and bigger each day... and so is this belly! :) I can still tie my own shoes and pick things up off the floor by my myself though, so I feel pretty good about that.
- How far along? 24 weeks
- Total weight gain: +12 pounds total
- Sleep: Still fantastic... I am so thankful!
- Movement: Every day now. :)
- Best moment this week: Telling my class about the baby
- Food cravings: I did enjoy a few desserts this week.
- Gender: It's a boy!
- Maternity Clothes: Definitely pants, but regular tops are still fine.
- Belly Button in or out? In
- What I miss: We have a few parties coming up... I miss having a few drinks with friends.
- What I am looking forward to: Tomorrow's doctor's appointment - we should get to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler again.
- Weekly Wisdom: "You should name the baby Dude!" - from one of my students
Breakfast - egg white and cheese on an English muffin
Lunch - black bean soup; handful of salt and vinegar chips; organic pear; handful of sour gummy candies
Snack - pita chips and chipotle hummus
Dinner - veggie burger (no bun); corn; mashed potatoes; broccolini; garden salad
Dessert - half an apple turnover with decaf tea
Breakfast - scrambled eggs and cheese on a sandwich thin with ketchup; half an apple turnover; cup of decaf tea
Snack - a few sour gummy candies
Lunch - garden salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumbers and croutons) with honey mustard dressing; sweet potato fries
Dinner - veggie burger (no bun); mashed potatoes; mixed greens with raspberry vinaigrette and candied walnuts; cup of decaf tea with honey