Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day Care, Diapers, and Decor

Today was one of those days when I found myself thinking, "I'm going to have a baby!"  And I thought this about every five minutes! For whatever reason I was in complete baby mode today and made some progress in day care (called a few places), diapers (researched and finally know the difference between all the cloth styles), and decor (planned the location of furniture in the nursery). Busy little bee! Here's what I'm thinking for the nursery. Now the colors are obviously undecided until the anatomy scan at the end of September. These are the default colors from the room arranger on the Better Homes and Gardens website. Don't ask me why they show a crib as a gay pride bed. :)

I'll obviously add area rugs and other decor as appropriate.
Baby A will be sleeping in style!

As far as diapers go, I never imagined there were so many options! I am totally committed to cloth diapering and I'm so proud because I know it's better for baby's bottom and our bottom line. Not to mention - the average disposable diaper sits in a landfill for 500 years! Yikes!

Finally, I started thinking about day care options. If all goes well, I will stay home through the end of the school year and through the summer. That means Baby A starts day care at 6 months. I haven't gotten exact pricing yet, but I believe most reputable places around here will run about $1500/month. Gotta love New Jersey... we are in save-save-save mode!

Here's today food journal:

Breakfast - two eggs on whole grain bread; blueberries
Snack - Greek blueberry yogurt
Lunch - Jersey tomato; baked potato (pretty random, but I went to the grocery store later today!)
Snack - handful of almonds; organic granola bar; handful of sour candies
Dinner - organic/natural mac and cheese (no butter)

No comments: