Friday, July 23, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Today we buried John's grandma... the last of our grandparents in fact. It's quite sad that Baby A will not have a chance to meet any great-grandparents. Before she died, grandma left her Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls for the baby. We will treasure them always, just like the memories we have of all our grandparents.

My parents came down last night and attended the funeral with us. After, my mom and I went to that one store in the state that had the stroller I want in stock. Of course, they sold the floor model two days ago! This stroller is becoming like the lost city of Atlantis. Does it even exist?! We did at least choose red as the color to order.


We also got a good look at the Graco Snugride 35 infant car seat. I like this color to match. :)




I feel good that at least we have two major products chosen. My crib/dresser combo doesn't have my mom's complete support however. The other day I was so proud for choosing something safe and inexpensive. She thinks they look "cheap." ;)  My mom and I have a pretty good track record of shopping together and when we both agree on something we know it's the right choice. In fairness, she hasn't seen either furniture piece in person, so maybe when I head up to MA in a couple weeks we'll have a chance to shop a little more. Babies need a lot of stuff! I'm trying not to load our home with tons of baby stuff, but I'm thinking a crib and dresser/changing area are probably important.

Breakfast - Cinnamon Chex with half a banana and organic low fat milk
Lunch - slice of spinach and tomato pizza; pink lemonade
Snack - organic strawberries, grapes, and blackberries
Snack - egg on an everything bagel (half a sandwich); POM juice
Dinner - garden salad and grilled cheese

Breakfast - egg and cheese on a croissant
Snack - roll with butter
Lunch - a few bites of ziti, Caesar salad, and roasted potatoes; decaf hot tea (wasn't really feeling the lunch today)
Lunch #2 - spaghetti and meatless meatballs
Dinner - cheese quesadilla; sweet potato fries; virgin pina colada
Dessert - chocolate cherry gelato (JA's second birthday treat!)

No comments: